Sunday, February 26, 2006
Tips for a successful Compliance and Governance Initiative
The following seven steps were noted in an article entitled A 4-Step Blueprint for Achieving Sustainable Compliance by Neetin Datar of SAP, published in SAPInsider.
1. Think strategic, not tactical
2. Think processes, not projects
3. Think enterprise wide, not in silos
4. Focus on business value, not just on cost of compliance
5. Think company DNA, and make compliance part of its core
6. Think agility and aim for a flexible compliance architecture. Technology is an imporant enabler of data quality, accountability and efficiency.
7. Make compliance repeatable, scalable and cost-effective
Good points. More on Oracle’s Strategy for Corporate Governance and Compliance stategy here.