Thursday, August 19, 2004
Oracle User Group Feature - the New Zealand Oracle User Group (NZOUG)
This post contains a review of the New Zealand Oracle User Group Website and also highlights key presentations and white papers from their 2004 conference which are available for download.
According to their site,
The New Zealand Oracle Users Group was founded in 1989. In our early years we were part of the Australia New Zealand Oracle User Group (ANZORA). But in 1997 we decided to sever the ties with Australia and we are now a separate group.
This group is for all Oracle users and is a forum to share ideas and interests. We are always open to new ideas about how we can improve the NZOUG so please email through your ideas to a member of the committee.
The most recent User Group conference ran from 25-27 May 2004 and papers were presented according to the streams of Executive, Applications, Technology and Training. I’ve taken a brief look at some of the papers that are available for download and the quality seems to be quite good. As and when I get a chance to take a detailed look, I will write up a detailed review on this site. Highlights from the applications section are as follows: -
- Empower your Revenue Collection team using Oracle Receivables and External Payment Agencies - Brad Sayer, Principal Consultant, Asparona Ltd
- Upgrading to 11.5.9 - Sven Brabyn (Oracle DBA) and Lynne O’Donoghue (Financial Systems Manager), University of Canterbury
- Implementing iProcurement - The Real Story - Irene Griffith, Consultant, Asparona Ltd
- Are They Still Not Paying? Open their Cheque Books with Oracle Collections - Angela Chin and Greg Fookes, CGNZ Limited
- B2B Integration using Oracle XML Gateway - David Taylor, Co-Founder and Director, Asparona Ltd
- Streamlining the Procurement Pricing Process - Paul Willyams, Senior Manager, Deloitte
- SQL for End Users - Jeannie Dobney, Edu Source Pty Ltd
- Realising Supply Chain Benefits - Dr Geoff Cammell, Principal Consultant, Mi Services Group
- An Introduction to the Invoice Approval Workflow - Jeannie Dobney, Edu Source Pty Ltd
- Advanced Pricing Experiences - Frank Rossiter, Senior Consultant, Mi Services and Graham Perkinson, Business Systems Manager, Sellagence Ltd
- Working Effectively with Support & Using MetaLink - Dorothy Culpeper, Manager - Customer Care NZ, Oracle New Zealand Ltd
- Using Oracle Financial Analyzer to make budgeting easier - Sonia Emerson, Retail Accountant, The Warehouse Limited and Maman Baboe, Consultant, Asparona Limited
- Archiving and Accessing Oracle Financials Information - Diane Turner, Technical Architect and Sales Executive, ASSIST Pty Ltd
- 11i Integration - The Golden Rules - Helen Bucksey, Senior Consultant, Mi Services Group
- Reporting Options for Oracle Applications - Diane Turner, Technical Architect and Sales Executive, ASSIST Pty Ltd