Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Oracle Financials Applications Consulting
I recently came across the Oracle Financial Applications Consulting site and thought I would give it a mention since there’s some downloads on the site which I believe would be useful to readers. The about section of the site has the following to say about the founder:
The Orafinapps was formed by Daniel North in 2005 to provide Oracle Financials consulting services and solutions. The business has recently been rebranded in order to emphasise its core skills and to provide a strong platform to attract new business and share skills, tools and experiences with others in the Oracle Financials community
Daniel is a principal level ex-Oracle UK consultant with an Accounting & Finance degree and considerable experience of large multi-country projects over the last 10 years of implementing Oracle Financials.
He is a skilled and effective applications consultant, who brings with him a great deal of international experience, strong communication skills with the drive and enthusiasm to get results quickly. He has continually demonstrated his ability to adapt to new and challenging environments whilst maintaining consistently high standards of professionalism.
Daniel offers services in the following areas:
The sites Knowledge Base has a number of downloads which are categorised as follows:
A collection of Oracle Financials related material used for implemetation and training purposes. Current sub categories include the following:
- FSG Reporting
- FSG User Manual
- FSG Training
- FSG Report Writing Guidelines and Strategy
- FSG Overview spreadsheet
- Links to FSG SQL scripts
- FSG Hits and Tips such as writing continental Europe style balance sheets
- Accounting for Currency - General Ledger currency information surrounding the treatment of foreign currency and the handling of revaluations and translations.
- Country Specific Localization Guides - A collection of country specific setup documents, solution proposals and user guides.
Oracle Financials Project Plans, Scope Documentations, Functional, Configuration Documents, Dataload Classic .dld files & Dataload Professional Files .fld
- Project Management Tools
- Go Live Criteria Check List Go/No Go
- Oracle Financials Consultant Interview Questions
The scripts can be downloaded and used free of charge subject to the following:
- All scripts have been written for use on Oracle R11i ( 11.5.5 to 11.5.10 ) although untested they may work on other verstions and should be run using a tool such as TOAD or similar.
- They should be submitted with read only sql account under the APPS schema.
- Always run scripts first on a test system after taking a full system back and only run them in a production system once you have tested and undertaken your own peer review.
Scripts are available in the following areas: -
- System Administrator SQL Scripts
- Concurrent Request Running Times
- Users of a concurrent request including parameters
- General Ledger SQL Scripts
- GL : ADI Opening Balances
- GL : Autopost Definitions
- GL : CoA Parent Accounts
- GL : CoA Segment Qualifiers
- GL : CoA Structure
- GL : CoA Values
- GL : Code Combinations
- GL : Consolidation Mapping
- GL : Cross Validation Rules (CVR) Line Detail, Summary Overview & Common Configuration Errors
- GL : Distinct accounts by GL Source
- GL : Entered Currency by Month
- GL : FSG Reports. Column Sets, Row Sets, Content Sets, Row Orders
- GL : GL Interface snapshot across books & GL Interface Details
- GL : Journal Lines including Reference fields
- GL : Journal Category & Source Combinations Used
- GL : Journal Headers & Batches
- GL : Journal Line based Trial Balance
- GL : Mass Allocation Formula
- GL : Period Statuses
- GL : Security Rule Assignments & Security Rule Definitions
- GL : Set of Books configuration
- GL : Summary Account Template
- GL : Trial Balance from GL Balances
- DataLoad .dld SQL Scripts
- Dataload .dld GL Cross Validation Rules
- Dataload Professional .fld : Daily Rates load
- GL : Mass Allocation Migration Script in Dataload Professional FLD format
- GL : Mass Allocation Rule Migration Script in Dataload Classic Format
Includes the following Dataload scripts that output data in a .dld dataload classic format to extract configuration from one environment to load into the next using dataload classic. This eliminates the need to manually review and update you .dld spreadsheets and files.