Friday, May 12, 2006
I talked about Oracle Podcasting in a previous post. They now have a more Applications oriented podcast available called Oracle Appcasts. I’ve been commuting quite a lot recently so stacked up these podcasts on my mp3 player and had a listen. I have to say I’m quite pleased with the offering. According to the Oracle site:
Oracle AppCasts are online audio interviews with Oracle customers, partners, product and industry experts, delivered via RSS podcasting or on your computer at www.oracle.com/appcasts.
A listing of what’s available to listen to now:
- Podcast: A Customer’s Experience Using Oracle DBI
- Podcast: An Explanation of Oracle’s Lifetime Support Policy for All Application Products
- Podcast: BPEL Technology: Apps-to-Apps Integration Using Oracle EBS Financials & Oracle’s Retail Industry Solution
- Podcast: How Automating the Enterprise Risk Management Process Helps Organizations Comply with Regulations
- Podcast: Oracle and BearingPoint Bring Value to Professional Services Customers
- Podcast: Oracle’s Applications Solution Centers Provide Value to Higher Education Customers
- Podcast: Performance and Tuning Improvements in Oracle’s E-Business Suite
- Podcast: Realize the Benefits of Oracle Fusion Architecture Today - Get On the Path to Oracle Fusion Applications
- Podcast: Reducing Compliance and Security Costs With JD Edwards World Solutions
- Podcast: Transforming Government with ERP Solutions
e-mail this article • Administration •Podcasts • (1) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Friday, September 09, 2005
Oracle to Podcast from Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2005
In a recent press release, Oracle has announced they will be podcasting at the Oracle OpenWorld Conference in San Francisco. This means Customers, Partners and Developers will be able to download and listen to valuable content anytime, anywhere
According to the press release:
For the first time ever, content will be available via podcasting at the upcoming Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco conference, Sept. 17 - 22, 2005 at Moscone Center. The Oracle OpenWorld podcasts will deliver news and information about each daily theme including Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Applications and Oracle Database and Grid technologies. Attendees will be able to download audio programming and store content for future use and those who are not able to attend the show benefit from access to valuable, relevant information.
Oracle already offers a series of podcasts on its OTN (Oracle Technology Network) website - called Oracle OTN TechCasts - as part of a broader effort to communicate directly to its developer and DBA community on a variety of current and technical topics. Interviews with executives such as Vice President of Product Strategy Ken Jacobs and Senior Director of Product Management Roel Stalman are currently available via podcast through the Oracle OTN website or audio portals such as iTunes.
During Oracle OpenWorld, Oracle will conduct interviews with technology experts that will be syndicated through the OTN TechCasts RSS feed. By subscribing to this feed, users will be able to download these podcasts in the common MP3 audio format via iTunes 4.9 or podcast clients such as iPodder or Doppler to portable music players free of charge. Users can subscribe to the OTN TechCasts feed - or download standalone MP3 podcasts- from the OTN website at www.oracle.com/technology/syndication/techcasts/index.html.
“Oracle is one of the first companies to bring podcasting to a conference to reach audiences who may not have been able to attend,” said Senior Vice President Oracle Worldwide Marketing Judy Sim. “Also, the breadth of information available at Oracle OpenWorld will be extensive. By podcasting, OpenWorld attendees will be able to listen to relevant content long after the show is over.”
More on this announcement at the official OTN Blog.
Since I’m not going to be at the conference this year, I’m looking forward to monitoring as much as much of the activity as I can online and this announcement is a really good one.