Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Oracle Headquarters as seen from Google Earth
Last week I linked to a Google Satellite Map of Oracle Headquarters in Redwood Shores. With the release of Google Earth yesterday I’ve been taking a look at Oracle HQ through the eyes of this really cool application.
To view Oracle HQ using Google Earth simply perform the following steps in the application: -
- Type in the Postcode 94065 and click search - at this point watching the application zoom from the global view to the location being queried is quite exhilarating.
- Use the directional buttons to move slightly to the left (or simply drag the map to the left) and you should be able to see the Oracle Buildings.
- Drill down using the zoom in buttons (to the left of the directional buttons).
- Use the tilt feature (on the right hand side of the directional buttons) to change perspective so that you can see the surrounding buildings.
- Rotate your view left or right depending on which direction you want to view the buildings from.
Here’s a look at what I managed to produce:
Oracle Headquarters - North Facing
Oracle Headquarters - South Facing
At this point in time the majority of the map coverage is in the States although most major cities around the world seem to be mapped.