Best Practices for End User Training and Implementation
Posted: 01 September 2005 12:39 AM
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2005-09-01

We are currently in the process of getting ready for the implementation of Oracle iProcurement at our company.  I am the training manager and am in charge of writing the training materials (customized for our company) and training all end users who will use iProcurement (not the Core users). 

I am interested in any information regarding best practices for the rollout of iProcurement training to end users and any challenges other trainers have come across in the process of writing materials, coordinating training, and conducting training sessions.  I have found it nearly impossible to find anything on these topics other than two general implementation white papers, which have only been somewhat helpful.

Thank you in advance for any information or references you may be able to provide.

Posted: 06 September 2005 10:57 PM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2005-06-09

Andi We are in the process to rollout IP 11.5.7. We performed a test with 5 services and we found many problems. Mainly; items escriptions and UOM ; technical issues (how manage the catalog;update favoryte list, etc. We writed a report to the management to get ressources to adress theses issues before perform the roll over. I writed some procedure (but in French) and OLN was usefull to undrestand IP. We have about 30 users working daily with IP. Please contact me if your need more details .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) BR Richard

Posted: 22 April 2008 03:04 AM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-04-22

Generally and sadly it is easier to produce a Superuser training manual using screenshots. Once that is built, and you can reuse it many times, you can train via the guide but also have some exercises for the users to complete during the training, mainly to prove to yourself 2 things

1) they’ve learned it
2) if they’re struggling, the guide is true and helps them complete the exercise

At the end also provide Quick Ref guides which can be done as 3 fold booklets, either 1 Quick Ref for the whole of iProc, or 1 per subject (Requisitioning, Approvals, Receiving etc)

Remember also it may be prudent to run a separate half hour or hour session for approvers, just to provide them of an overview of what is expected of them as in my experience there are a lot of management employees who will approve/reject requisitions but rarely if ever raise a requisition themselves.

Failing the above, there are some excellent tools with built in best practice tutorials like UPK, which you can add to even if you have some customisations.

Regards