Any Course for Oracle Managers??
Posted: 27 February 2007 09:23 PM
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-02-27

Hi,
I am a project manager with a very strong Oracle design/ development of Oracle database and forms/ reports, data warehouse, OLTP. I have barely scratched the surface of Oracle financials. As I am currently interested in Project management, I did not get into Oracle financials technical stuff.

I want to be able to manage Oracle financials projects - such as the development and upgrade/ migration projects. Is there any course for Oracle financials PM or for those interested in functional (non-technical) areas of Oracle financials? Any certification that will be helpful for this?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: 28 February 2007 01:16 PM   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2006-05-15

Hi

Dont know if there are any courses particulary tailored for managing Oracle Financials and Apps implementations. However,
mastering the AIM documents will be of very great help, as I believe they have nearly everything you’ll need to know
in regard to generic apps implementations. Also, on the Oracle site, I’ve seen a number of Functional Implementer courses.
(http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=84&group_id=9). You can browse that page and see if any of those courses suit you.

All the best

Timothy

Posted: 04 March 2007 09:23 PM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-02-27

Thanks. I found some courses that are useful. They are available on CD-ROM.