Conversion of Project-related AP Invoices
Posted: 16 February 2007 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-02-16

Hi there,

I have a client who wishes to convert detailed history for its project and non-project related AP invoices.  This includes both closed and open invoices.  In addition, they are looking to convert the detailed cost related to each AP Invoice into our Projects Expenditure table. 

I’d suggested converting all project-related AP Invoice detail into Payables, and then running the standard interface of those invoice costs into Oracle Projects.  With that approach, we’d have the hard tie between Projects and AP, and it would reduce the amount of reconciliation we need to do between the two modules.

Has anyone ever attempted this?  Is there any glitches to this approach that I’m missing?  Does anyone have any performance statistics for the PRC: Interface Supplier Costs concurrent program they could share with me?  We’ll run the process in increments (per period), but the volume being passed to Projects will still be relatively substantial.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Senior Consultant, Oracle Projects

Signature 

Dave Burns
Senior Functional Consultant
Oracle Projects

Posted: 24 February 2007 02:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-02-24

Hi,
Interface Supplier Costs have been tuned well now, so it should not take more time to interface bulk of records. Also you can interface definite
quantity of invoices each time, by updating the pa_addition_flag in the ap_invoice_distributions_all table to an invalid value say ‘X’ or something
from ‘N’ except those you want to interface.

After the interface, mark the same amount of invoices which are having ‘X’ to ‘N’. Similarly you can interface as batch by batch as definite
quantity.

Or another way is interfacing project by project and parallel processing (kicking up of interface supplier costs in parallel for different projects).

thnx,
Sathish
http://www.projectsaccounting.com