GL,AP and FA implementation-phase 1
Posted: 08 August 2005 08:06 PM
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2005-08-08

Hi,
I am Chartered Accountant with 6 years of functional experience(3 years in big 4 audit). 3 years of of bank audits have helped me gain a reasonable knowledge of the banking industry practices in the gulf region.

Currently i am onto an oracle implementation project for a bank. Right from the inception of the project ie. design of COA,coding etc i am involved in the project.
Now we have selected Implentation partner and the project is expected to be in full swing by end of this month.

I am really excited now and want to get upto speed on with people and knowledge. I am looking out to grab some good books/reading materials or probably do some certification course which can take me to a higher plane and also can keep me updated on developments.

I request experts in the forum to give me some tips in this regard. My idea is to stay on top of the project throughout its life cycle and to be an expert at the end of it.

I will furnish more info if needed.

Experts please throw some light on my thoughts.

Best regards,
Sriram

Posted: 29 December 2005 02:48 AM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2005-12-14

Start with the Using Oracle Applications 11i book by Boss consulting.  Great detail not only on apps use, but some good pm tips in there as well