To register the form you should follow the following steps.
1. Copy the resource folder from application server to your local machine (Best way) , If you dont have rights then you need to copy the files which are missing when you open the template.fmb file.
2. Open registry and mention your resource path (If you copied).
3. Go to forms builder shortcut and in the start in path mention resource folder path
4. Open template.fmb in form builder
5. File - > Save As -> give your custom name
6. Do your canvas and blocks and set the corresponding subclasses names. save the form.
7. Move the fmb file (binary mode) to /$AU_TOP/forms/US
8. Open Unix Box, and use f60gen to generate .fmx (11i) Use frmcmp or frmcmp_batch to generate .fmx (R12)
9. Move .fmx file to corresponding top (If it is HRMS move to /$PER_TOP/forms/US
10. Go oracle apps - > application developer -> form, give the form name (it should be your exact .fmx name)
11. Create form function and attach the form name here.
12. Attach this function to some responsibility..
Please let me know if any issues.