SQL*LOADER download
Posted: 15 August 2006 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-08-15

Hello Colleagues

May I please know from where could I download sql*loader? I have Oracle 9i client and Developer suite on my desktop but cant find the sqlldr.exe? Could you please help me in this regard?

Thanks!

vnagired.

Posted: 16 August 2006 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2005-04-11

Vnagired,

You can download Oracle software from the Oracle Technical Network web site:  http://technet.oracle.com.  SQL*Loader is considered a server utility, and I don’t believe it will be installed by default with any client tools.  Given the potential for large data volumes being loaded with SQL*Loader, you would be better suited running it on the server where the database is located to improve performance.  The sqlldr executable should be found in $ORACLE_HOME/bin on your server.

If you must have it on your desktop client, check your 9i client and developer suite CD’s - if there is a custom install option and the SQL*Loader utility is available, you should be able to install it via. a custom installation.  You could also download the database server software and install it into a separate ORACLE_HOME on your desktop, but that would be a lot of software to install just for the utility.

Again, I think your best bet is to run SQL*Loader from the database server, not your desktop client.

Regards,
Michael Siebert

Signature 

Regards,

Michael Siebert

Posted: 16 August 2006 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-08-15

Thank you, for a detailed and helpful reply.

Regards,
vnagired.