Oracle 11.5.10.2—Web ADI Setup and Usage
Posted: 21 June 2006 03:52 AM
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-06-21

I was looking at a presentation on Web ADI which is out on the Internet by Richard Byrom IT Consultant, Speaker & Author.  Ineed to ask a question about Oracle ADI .  This seems to be very different from ADI which is a stand alone product.  Is there a way to still be able to import Journals to GL and to run standard or FSG reports.  It seems confusing when you can visualize how the current ADI functions work and how the setup is for Web ADI.  Is this the same product as the standalone ADI or something all together different? 

Also, is there an easy way to get this setup and working?  You have to use a Responsibility within the Oracle Application instead of a stand alone system.

Posted: 03 December 2006 03:56 AM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-12-01

HI
You donot require any ADI client tool if you wish to use Web ADI.
There is a responsibilty called “Web ADI” which you have to add to access.
In the above responsibility , start with creating a Document.It is like a wizard.
It will ask then to set up the Integrator & Viewer.
You can set up the required field as per the excel spreadsheet which you need to upload to be processed for the particular usage.
By usage I mean it can be “GL Import” or any other Financial import.

You have to setup your excel spreadsheet accordingly.

Let me know if you want more information.

—BD

Posted: 29 March 2007 11:17 PM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-29

I was also wondering after I add the Responsibility and try to create the Excel Spreadsheet I get “You do not have permission to access this functionality”

Posted: 05 April 2007 03:50 AM   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-04-05

I have similar problem too and like to be able to go past this.

Posted: 07 June 2007 11:57 PM   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-07

HI , you can use operations as user to log in and try. I tried and it’s ok .
My question is that which responsibilties are added to operations so that he can do this funciton? Thanks a lot!