ARE THERE JOBS FOR FRESHERS
Posted: 25 May 2006 04:15 PM
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2005-08-27

Hi! Everybody,

I would like to seek your help and advise.I am trained in Oracle Financials from oracle Bangalore.
I dont see any oportunities for freshers in getting a break in Financials.

I am getting calls from all big companies but for the exp..What would be the best course of action, can anyone suggest me.

I am presently stationed in Hyderabad.
Bye
Shekhar

Posted: 30 October 2006 05:22 AM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-10-30

Hi all
I’m also interested in it

Posted: 10 February 2007 07:37 PM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-08-02

This response may be off target. I can’t address how to find entry level work in India, but overcoming your inexperience is unerversal.

I would suggest you overcome your inexperience by focusing on learning everything you can that is is available. I did this a long time ago by being involved with one implementatio project and reading all of the available materials, user guides, metalink notes, teachnical materials. This increased knowledge enabled me to be given more responsibility within my current job, which led to more hands on experiences. Knowledge builds upon itself and after 10 yearsworking with Oracle, I continue to learn at a fast rate.

You also may need to take an entry level role with a firm at a lesser rate to build this experience. A limited knowledge of the software can be offset by your business knowledge.

Hope this helps.
kevin

Posted: 09 July 2008 03:17 PM   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2006-07-03

iWare Logic provides “Oracle Apps Training” and Certification in Oracle EBusiness Suite Financials, HRMS, Supply Chain, CRM, System Administration in association with Oracle University. iWare Logic is Oracle Approved Education Center at Pune, India.

iWare Logic also provides placement assistance and project opportunities to its students.

Following are iWare Logic’s contact details,

iWare Logic Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
  Aditi Samruddhi, Banner,
  Pune, 411045
  Maharashtra, INDIA
  Contact Person: Pallavi Bhambure
  Phone: 91 20 66321113    
  Mobile: 91 9326515010
  Email: info at iWareLogic.com, pallavi at iWareLogic.com

Posted: 28 August 2008 05:55 PM   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-08-28

Hi

I notice that this might be a “late reply” but for the benefit of those who read later, it is nearly impossible to get any major oracle apps functional role as a fresher. This is justified because the in-depth understanding of business processes required is not possible to gain when you have just started working.

However this does not mean, you can’t get one. In many companies, specially in India and the sub-continent many of the software majors hire freshers for Ora Apps. In most of these places you will either be initially given a technical role or maybe a “down-the-ladder” functional job. The only way up is by learning, learning and learning. I was initially in a support project where I found enough time to try my hand at a test instance and by looking at real scenarios that were happening and reading oracle tutor docs and manuals, I was able to master more than what guys of my experience at that time knew. In my next project, I got noticed and slowly I was handling more and more responsibility.

So learning and practice I am afraid is the only way. Do more than just what your superior tells u, try and get to the bottom of how things work and you will always be rewarded.

Also for freshers who don’t have a TEST instance, you can try Solution Beacon’s online 11i and R12 instances.

http://www.solutionbeacon.com/tool_vision.htm

However you will require your Oracle CSI number, which you can find out from your senior or simply if you have metalink access, you can login and in your account details, you will see your company’s CSI number. you can always ask your senior for metalink access.

Hope it helps.

Signature 

find me at Oracle Forum

Posted: 17 February 2009 10:36 AM   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-02-17

I agree with your article but to boost your Peoplesoft experience, techie needs to know a lot of examples or tips.

Know where you stand relative to others in your field.

Guage your actual level of knowledge by exploring http://www.itwisesolutions.com/PsftQuiz.html website.

Posted: 19 November 2009 05:09 AM   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-11-17

if things were this deem back then it must be even tougher now for fresher!