Posted: 05 May 2006 02:45 AM
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-05-04

I am interested in finding more about Oracle ERP change management
strategies and tools being used to both implement and manage Enterprise
Applications

File Attachments
Change Management Article Part II.pdf  (File Size: 121KB - Downloads: 6537)

Posted: 07 May 2006 07:08 AM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-05-07

We are in the process of evaluating a SOX-compliant change
management strategy.  We are interested in a hosted solution,
if possible, so we don’t have to purchase new hardware and
software.  Currently, we are evaluating the CM Webcenter
as it appears to have the best fit for an Oracle ERP hosted
Change Management solution for both CM Workflow and source
code management. 

Does anyone have any experience with CM Webcenter for
Oracle ERP Change Management? 

Thanks,

Bryce

Posted: 27 May 2006 03:32 AM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-04

Identifying the Cost of ERP Changes over the Application Lifecycle

Implementing changes to ERP Applications can be a complex process, especially where related to ERP extensions.  The cost of implementing the change varies depending on the phase of the project.  As the project progresses through the various phases into a functioning application, changes will likely require more effort in order to be retrofitted into an established application design. 

A chart is included in the attachment to illustrates the relative cost of implementing changes during the various project phases.

I am trying to develop a business case to justify CM implementation earlier in the project/implementation lifecycle to reduce total ERP implementation and support costs (as well as increase the ROI on the ERP investment).  Here are my thoughts/assumptions:

•If changes are known earlier in the project lifecycle, and can be either factored into the design or deferred for a subsequent phase, or
•If changes are identified primarily during UAT activities considered as additional scope or deferred for a subsequent phase.
•Consequently, there are identifiable measurements to determine the cost of a change (customizations, extensions, etc.) prior to the initial cutover or “go live”.  Additionally, changes that are deferred/postponed may have to undergo a more extensive impact analysis effort and additional testing, even regression testing, which increase the cost factor for deferred changes.

I am looking for some other experiences help develop a more complete model for quantifying the cost of change over the ERP application lifecycle. 

I would appreciate any thoughts or feedback from those with related experience.

File Attachments
ERP Change cost over App Lifecycle.doc  (File Size: 28KB - Downloads: 1303)

Posted: 27 May 2006 03:33 AM   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-04

Identifying the Cost of ERP Changes over the Application Lifecycle

Implementing changes to ERP Applications can be a complex process, especially where related to ERP extensions.  The cost of implementing the change varies depending on the phase of the project.  As the project progresses through the various phases into a functioning application, changes will likely require more effort in order to be retrofitted into an established application design. 

A chart is included in the attachment to illustrate the relative cost of implementing changes during the various project phases.

I am trying to develop a business case to justify CM implementation earlier in the project/implementation lifecycle to reduce total ERP implementation and support costs (as well as increase the ROI on the ERP investment).  Here are my thoughts/assumptions:

•If changes are known earlier in the project lifecycle, and can be either factored into the design or deferred for a subsequent phase, or
•If changes are identified primarily during UAT activities considered as additional scope or deferred for a subsequent phase.
•Consequently, there are identifiable measurements to determine the cost of a change (customizations, extensions, etc.) prior to the initial cutover or “go live”.  Additionally, changes that are deferred/postponed may have to undergo a more extensive impact analysis effort and additional testing, even regression testing, which increase the cost factor for deferred changes.

I am looking for some other experiences help develop a more complete model for quantifying the cost of change over the ERP application lifecycle. 

I would appreciate any thoughts or feedback from those with related experience.