Suppliers, Revaluation, Customers by Product
Posted: 12 September 2008 01:39 AM
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-09-12

I have a issue, if any of you has an idea please help me:

One customer needs all his paybles, receivables, revaluations allocated by product and product is one segment of the accounting flexfield.

For example in AP when I enter an invoice, i enter the ITEM line and an account, the tax line (code tax account) and the Supplier account its a parameter of AP that can be setup in module level, vendor o site vendor.  But what i need in reports and in the report balance sheet are suppliers by product.  I research en little bit, and i found the offset functionality but it doesnt work, because the AP offset open the supplier account in the same way that de Item line and we donĀ“t need that, we need to open by the product segment, example:

Account Flexfield

Segment 1: Natural Account   0001 Expense
Segment 2: Center Cost       02   Marketing
Segment 3: Product           01   Product 1
Segment 4: Company         01   Oracle

Enter Inovice in AP:

Case 1 without AP offset

ITEM 0001.02.01.01     1000
TAX   0002.00.00.01     200 (VAT)
            Supplier (Parameter)    0003.00.00.01 1200 (Without offset)

Any idea how with with this setup to get, Paybles Debt by Product? VAT by product?

Case 2 with AP offset

ITEM 0001.02.01.01     1000
TAX   0002.00.00.01     200 (VAT)
            Supplier (Parameter)    0003.02.01.01 1200 (With offset)

This setup doesnt work even because only i need to open the supplier account by Product and no by the other segments. 

Any idea how with with this setup to get, Paybles Debt by Product? VAT by product?

Then i have an additonal problem, i need to revaluate the supplier account to get unrealized gains/losses and allocate by product, the standar revaluation works by balances and not by transactions, any idea how can i revaluate by transactions to get unrealized gains/losses and allocate by product?