Upgrade to discussion forum version 1.3, old RSS feed to go
Richard Byrom
Posted: 31 May 2006 03:40 AM  
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2004-06-03

I’ve recently upgraded the discussion forums module to version 1.3, the latest release on offer by ExpressionEngine. The changes that have been made in this new release are as follows:

• Added “merge threads” feature
  • Added “split thread” feature
  • Added “next/previous thread” links in thread view page.
  • Added RSS support. Individual threads can be subscribed to, or the entire forum globally.
  • Added Show/hide capability to forum man page, enabling specific forum clusters you are interested to be shown.
  • Added “view today’s active topics” link to main forum page.
  • Added search form to individual threads that is restricted to searching in that thread only.
  • Added “new topic” button in the thread view.
  • Added database storage of “read topic” IDs (rather then with cookies) so that you can use different browsers with different computers and retain your read topic info.
  • Changed the behavior of the input filter such that tabs are converted to four spaces so that code examples posted in the forums will retain indenting.
  • Fixed a bug with breadcrumbs when editing a reply.
  • Fixed a bug that was making the page scroll when the smileys link was opened.
  • Fixed a bug in which child forums were not always respecting the parent permissions (just like in real life…).

Since there’s enhanced RSS support in this module I’ve turned on the ability to subscribe via RSS to the forum as a whole or to individual forums. I’m going to deactivate the old RSS feed in about a week so please subscribe to the new RSS feeds. You’ll find the icons for these at the bottom of each forum page and if you have a browser that can detect RSS feeds then that’s another way you can pick up the feed. The new RSS feeds are full text so it means you’ll be able to read the forum via your RSS reader rather than having to visit the site to obtain the detail of a post.

Signature 

Richard Byrom
Oracle Consultant, Speaker & Author
Mobile no: +44-7800 753532
Skype name: oracleappsblog
E-mail: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Web: http://www.oracleappsblog.com

PM