Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Oracle Financials Applications Consulting
I recently came across the Oracle Financial Applications Consulting site and thought I would give it a mention since there’s some downloads on the site which I believe would be useful to readers. The about section of the site has the following to say about the founder:
The Orafinapps was formed by Daniel North in 2005 to provide Oracle Financials consulting services and solutions. The business has recently been rebranded in order to emphasise its core skills and to provide a strong platform to attract new business and share skills, tools and experiences with others in the Oracle Financials community
Daniel is a principal level ex-Oracle UK consultant with an Accounting & Finance degree and considerable experience of large multi-country projects over the last 10 years of implementing Oracle Financials.
He is a skilled and effective applications consultant, who brings with him a great deal of international experience, strong communication skills with the drive and enthusiasm to get results quickly. He has continually demonstrated his ability to adapt to new and challenging environments whilst maintaining consistently high standards of professionalism.
Daniel offers services in the following areas:
The sites Knowledge Base has a number of downloads which are categorised as follows:
A collection of Oracle Financials related material used for implemetation and training purposes. Current sub categories include the following:
- FSG Reporting
- FSG User Manual
- FSG Training
- FSG Report Writing Guidelines and Strategy
- FSG Overview spreadsheet
- Links to FSG SQL scripts
- FSG Hits and Tips such as writing continental Europe style balance sheets
- Accounting for Currency - General Ledger currency information surrounding the treatment of foreign currency and the handling of revaluations and translations.
- Country Specific Localization Guides - A collection of country specific setup documents, solution proposals and user guides.
Oracle Financials Project Plans, Scope Documentations, Functional, Configuration Documents, Dataload Classic .dld files & Dataload Professional Files .fld
- Project Management Tools
- Go Live Criteria Check List Go/No Go
- Oracle Financials Consultant Interview Questions
The scripts can be downloaded and used free of charge subject to the following:
- All scripts have been written for use on Oracle R11i ( 11.5.5 to 11.5.10 ) although untested they may work on other verstions and should be run using a tool such as TOAD or similar.
- They should be submitted with read only sql account under the APPS schema.
- Always run scripts first on a test system after taking a full system back and only run them in a production system once you have tested and undertaken your own peer review.
Scripts are available in the following areas: -
- System Administrator SQL Scripts
- Concurrent Request Running Times
- Users of a concurrent request including parameters
- General Ledger SQL Scripts
- GL : ADI Opening Balances
- GL : Autopost Definitions
- GL : CoA Parent Accounts
- GL : CoA Segment Qualifiers
- GL : CoA Structure
- GL : CoA Values
- GL : Code Combinations
- GL : Consolidation Mapping
- GL : Cross Validation Rules (CVR) Line Detail, Summary Overview & Common Configuration Errors
- GL : Distinct accounts by GL Source
- GL : Entered Currency by Month
- GL : FSG Reports. Column Sets, Row Sets, Content Sets, Row Orders
- GL : GL Interface snapshot across books & GL Interface Details
- GL : Journal Lines including Reference fields
- GL : Journal Category & Source Combinations Used
- GL : Journal Headers & Batches
- GL : Journal Line based Trial Balance
- GL : Mass Allocation Formula
- GL : Period Statuses
- GL : Security Rule Assignments & Security Rule Definitions
- GL : Set of Books configuration
- GL : Summary Account Template
- GL : Trial Balance from GL Balances
- DataLoad .dld SQL Scripts
- Dataload .dld GL Cross Validation Rules
- Dataload Professional .fld : Daily Rates load
- GL : Mass Allocation Migration Script in Dataload Professional FLD format
- GL : Mass Allocation Rule Migration Script in Dataload Classic Format
Includes the following Dataload scripts that output data in a .dld dataload classic format to extract configuration from one environment to load into the next using dataload classic. This eliminates the need to manually review and update you .dld spreadsheets and files.
e-mail this article • Administration • Consulting • Documentation • Scripts • (0) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Friday, January 26, 2007
Oracle e-Business Suite Online Documentation Library Release 12
Following the recent release of the Oracle EBS 12i media packs, Oracle has now released the full documentation pack for download. You can download the entire documentation CD (only 408.08MB this time) or the individual documents as illustrated below. A lot more posts will be coming up on R12 in the next few days, keep an eye on my del.icio.us R12 links to see what’s on my radar screen.
e-mail this article • Administration • Documentation • Software • Version or Release • Applications 12.0.0 • (6) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Release Content Documents (RCD) for E-Business Suite R12
RCD’s for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 are now available on Metalink. According to Metalink note 404152.1 (username and password required) - this document contains links to the published Release Content Documents for Oracle Applications, E-Business Suite Release 12. The RCD or Release Content Documentation communicates information about new or changed functionality in the specified release of the Oracle E-Business Suite. Existing functionality from prior point releases is not described. Use this document as a launchpad for R12 RCDs.
There are 22 RCD’s available as listed below:
- E-Business Suite RCD
- Apps Technology Family RCD
- Intelligence Family RCD
- Customer Relationship Management Family RCD
- Marketing & Sales Family RCD
- Logistics RCD
- Supply Chain Management Family RCD
- Advanced Planning RCD
- Procurement Family RCD
- Process Manufacturing RCD
- Discrete Manufacturing RCD
- Maintenance Management RCD
- Customer Service Family RCD
- Service Execution RCD
- Projects Family RCD
- HRMS Family RCD
- Financials Family RCD
- Customer Data Management RCD
- Property Manager RCD
- Product Lifecycle Management RCD
- Order Management RCD
- Student Systems RCD
e-mail this article • Administration • Documentation • Software • Version or Release • Applications 12.0.0 • (3) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Oracle Apps Accounts Receivable Test Script
Thanks to Mell for uploading the AR Test Script to the Forum. She’s looking for the FA test script if anyone has one to upload.
e-mail this article • Administration • Documentation • (1) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Connecticut State Governments integrated Financial, HR and Payroll System
I came across the Core CT site today and found it to be a site with a wealth of information relating to systems implementation.
According to the site:
Core-CT is the system that has replaced Connecticut state government’s core financial and administrative computer systems including central and agency accounting, accounts payable, payroll, time and attendance, worker’s compensation, personnel, and other legacy systems. For years before Core-CT was implemented, these systems were plagued by poor integration, redundant data entry, and time-wasting reconciliation. They were written in a number of different languages, resided on many platforms, and included numerous databases. This older technology was not adaptable to workflow and e-commerce.
The state’s central administrative agencies - the Office of the State Comptroller, the Departments of Administrative Services and Information Technology, and the Office of Policy and Management - banded together to undertake the transition to a new, integrated system encompassing virtually all major administrative functions and all executive-branch state agencies. The system uses enterprise resource planning (ERP) software to tie together all functions, using an integrated suite of software applications, a common database, and a unified technical architecture.
The Core-CT fact sheet outlines what modules and systems were implemented as follows:
Core-CT is Connecticut state government’s central financial and administrative computer system. Using PeopleSoft’s ERP suite, the system encompasses central and agency accounting functions, including modules for general ledger, purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, assets, and inventory, with projects and contracts scheduled to be implemented in 2006; as well as PeopleSoft’s Human Resource Management System, with modules for payroll, time and labor, human resources, and benefits. Core-CT covers all these functions for executive branch agencies, and some of its functions are also used by the Judicial Branch, the General Assembly, and state institutions of higher education. In addition, Core-CT uses PeopleSoft’s EPM ad-hoc reporting function to allow queries on its vast database.
Currently, the system uses PeopleSoft Financials version 8.4 but will be upgrading to version 8.8 around July 2006; HRMS uses PeopleSoft version 8.3 and will be upgrading to 8.9 around May 2006. Some 7,600 state workers use Core-CT. They pay the state’s bills in a $15.3 billion annual budget (fiscal year 2006), including the payroll for all state employees.
Launched in 2003, Core-CT is based at the Department of Information Technology’s East Hartford, CT office; it is managed jointly by the Office of the State Comptroller, the Department of Administrative Services, and DOIT; these agencies hold the statutory authority for the system’s functions. Approximately 150 people work in the development and maintenance of Core-CT.
Other interesting areas of the site include the Presentation Library, Document Library and Chart of Accounts Documentation. I also thought the catalog of online financial reports provides a good example of how reports should be documented.
e-mail this article • Administration • Documentation • Training • Presentations • Modules • HRMS & Payroll • Other Enterprise Systems • Peoplesoft • (1) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink