Tuesday, August 24, 2004
Oracle Partner Feature - IT Convergence
This post contains a review of the IT Convergence web site and highlights some useful downloads they have.
I recently came across the IT Convergence web site where they have some useful white papers to download. IT Convergence is an Oracle Partner and according to their site: -
IT Convergence is an e-Business consulting firm. We provide an entire range of services from initial business analysis and project planning, to full suite implementation and staff augmentation. We offer complete solutions for the implementation, upgrade, or customization of Enterprise Resource Planning systems. To help you manage the entire applications lifecycle, IT Convergence offers customized training for every skill level—given on-site, in a classroom, or remotely via the Internet. Our remote support services can assist your company with all types of technical and functional needs.
We put intensive effort in selecting only the best consultants to deliver superior services. We support the development of their skills through training and special courses, enabling consistent performance on the job. Our people bring years of experience working for top companies in numerous industries, including Finance, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Higher Education, Government, Telecommunications, and Semiconductor.
The company has it’s headquarters in California and has offices in the following locations worldwide: -
- Madison, USA
- New York, USA
- Chicago, USA
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- London, UK
- Shanghai, China
Highlights of Oracle white papers you can download from this site are as follows: -
- Accounts Payable Reports for: -
- Accountings & Postings (497KB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Income Tax Forms (741KB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Invoices (1.62MB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Invoice Taxes (234KB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Key Indicators (841KB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Suppliers (435KB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Internet Time Overview (1.20MB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Going beyond Oracle HRMS (555KB) - Gil Aguirre, Oracle Consultant
- Achieving Business Improvement with Oracle Applications (246KB) - Thomas Owens, Practice Manager
- Complying with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (45KB)
- Key Success Factors When Managing an Oracle Applications Implementation (235KB) - Diego Antozzi
- Challenges of Implementing Human Resources in Latin America (159KB) - Cesar Ortiz (Spanish version also available)
- Challenges of Implementing Financials in Latin America (93KB) - Ignacio Diez Martinez O’Cadiz (Spanish version also available)
- Oracle Collaboration Suite: Analysis and Recommendations (109KB) - Jesse Grittner
- Embarking on a Configure to Order Journey (183KB) - Oscar Villalvazo, Senior Principal Consultant
- Business Process Outsourcing: Risks and Rewards (108KB) - Jesse Grittner
- Handling Requisitions without Order Management (94KB) - Nagesh Kelkar, Principal Consultant
- Implementing Oracle Applications in Brazil (197KB) - Jussara Oliveira (Portuguese version also available)
- Choosing a Hosting Provider: Suggestions and Solutions (150KB) - Jesse Grittner
- Considerations for Oracle Implementations in China (103KB) - Peter Lai
You can also download a presentation they delivered at an Outsourcing SIG meeting held at Appsworld in January 2004 entitled Choosing a Hosting Provider - Suggestions and Solutions (269KB) by Oscar Villalvazo, ISS Practice Manager.
e-mail this article • Administration •Partners •Presentations •White Papers • (0) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Thursday, August 19, 2004
Oracle User Group Feature - the New Zealand Oracle User Group (NZOUG)
This post contains a review of the New Zealand Oracle User Group Website and also highlights key presentations and white papers from their 2004 conference which are available for download.
According to their site,
The New Zealand Oracle Users Group was founded in 1989. In our early years we were part of the Australia New Zealand Oracle User Group (ANZORA). But in 1997 we decided to sever the ties with Australia and we are now a separate group.
This group is for all Oracle users and is a forum to share ideas and interests. We are always open to new ideas about how we can improve the NZOUG so please email through your ideas to a member of the committee.
The most recent User Group conference ran from 25-27 May 2004 and papers were presented according to the streams of Executive, Applications, Technology and Training. I’ve taken a brief look at some of the papers that are available for download and the quality seems to be quite good. As and when I get a chance to take a detailed look, I will write up a detailed review on this site. Highlights from the applications section are as follows: -
- Empower your Revenue Collection team using Oracle Receivables and External Payment Agencies - Brad Sayer, Principal Consultant, Asparona Ltd
- Upgrading to 11.5.9 - Sven Brabyn (Oracle DBA) and Lynne O’Donoghue (Financial Systems Manager), University of Canterbury
- Implementing iProcurement - The Real Story - Irene Griffith, Consultant, Asparona Ltd
- Are They Still Not Paying? Open their Cheque Books with Oracle Collections - Angela Chin and Greg Fookes, CGNZ Limited
- B2B Integration using Oracle XML Gateway - David Taylor, Co-Founder and Director, Asparona Ltd
- Streamlining the Procurement Pricing Process - Paul Willyams, Senior Manager, Deloitte
- SQL for End Users - Jeannie Dobney, Edu Source Pty Ltd
- Realising Supply Chain Benefits - Dr Geoff Cammell, Principal Consultant, Mi Services Group
- An Introduction to the Invoice Approval Workflow - Jeannie Dobney, Edu Source Pty Ltd
- Advanced Pricing Experiences - Frank Rossiter, Senior Consultant, Mi Services and Graham Perkinson, Business Systems Manager, Sellagence Ltd
- Working Effectively with Support & Using MetaLink - Dorothy Culpeper, Manager - Customer Care NZ, Oracle New Zealand Ltd
- Using Oracle Financial Analyzer to make budgeting easier - Sonia Emerson, Retail Accountant, The Warehouse Limited and Maman Baboe, Consultant, Asparona Limited
- Archiving and Accessing Oracle Financials Information - Diane Turner, Technical Architect and Sales Executive, ASSIST Pty Ltd
- 11i Integration - The Golden Rules - Helen Bucksey, Senior Consultant, Mi Services Group
- Reporting Options for Oracle Applications - Diane Turner, Technical Architect and Sales Executive, ASSIST Pty Ltd
e-mail this article • Administration •Presentations •User Groups and Special Interest Groups (SIG) •White Papers •Conferences • (0) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Oracle Partner Feature - Red Rock Consulting Group
This post contains a review of the Red Rock Consulting Group web site and highlights some useful downloads they have.
Recently I came across the Red Rock Consulting Group web site. Red Rock is an Oracle Certified Advantage Partner and according to their site: -
Red Rock Consulting is an innovative, dynamic and energetic consultancy formed to support clients who have chosen Oracle business solutions. Red Rock is the largest independent Oracle consulting firm in Australia and New Zealand, with a highly skilled and experienced pool of Oracle consultants across the Asia-Pacific region including offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Auckland.
They have some really good white papers, articles and presentations which have been delivered at numerous Oracle Conferences and User Groups or featured in reputable Oracle Publications and Magazines. In particular, there’s quite a bit of information available on upgrades. Highlights are as follows: -
- Tracking your assets
- Help yourself with Oracle Service
- Reporting in 11i
- Hunt Down and Harness those Upgrade Project Risks
- Multiple Organisations in Oracle Applications
- What is a Portal?
- The art of supporting Oracle Applications
- Practical Applications of Folder Tools and Report eXchange
- How iProcurement Stands Out From Oracle Purchasing
- From Simple Spreadsheets to Project Costing 11i, Vodafone Wins
- Two Roads to 11i - Upgrade Versus Re-implementation
- Archiving and Purging (You know you need to)
- Customer Spotlight – Australian Hearing
- Mass Maintenance
- Ten Quick Tips for your Upgrade
- Investment Value Assessment (IVA)
As an when I get the chance to take a detailed look at each of these articles, white papers and presentations I will prepare a write up for this site. In the mean time, happy downloading and reading. You should also consider subscribing to the Red Rock Newsletter entitled HotRocks.
If you are reading this post and you know of any really good partner sites where you can get useful information and downloads, then please add your comments.
e-mail this article • Administration •Articles •Documentation •Upgrade •Partners •Presentations •White Papers • (1) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Wednesday, August 18, 2004
Atlanta OAUG - August Meeting Agenda
This post contains details of the upcoming Atlanta Oracle Applications User Group (ATLOAUG) monthly meeting.The next meeting of the Atlanta OAUG is scheduled to take place on Friday the 20th of August 2004 and you can find the Agenda here. Highlights are as follows
- Vendor Spotlight - 9ci, Inc.
- Member Spotlight
- WC Bradley: Teaming for Success - How the WC Bradley Company combines Functional and Technical Teams for Implementation, Optimization, and Support
- Internal Controls Manager - Mike Hipps, Oracle
- Challenges of Point Release Upgrades - Jeffrey Walsh, CSC and Arul Murugan, enrich IT
- Kanban Replenishment for All Types of Industries (Manufacturing & Non-Manufacturing) - Tom Brown, Manufacturing Systems Services Inc.
Presentation abstracts and descriptions relating to the highlights can be found on the User Group site where you can also register to attend. Registration is FREE so if you are in the vicinity you should make the most of this opportunity.
You can download historical presentations and white papers delivered at Atlanta Oracle Applications User Group Meetings from 1997 -2004 here - there’s certainly plenty of good material to take a look at.
Other areas of interest on this site are the newsletters section where you can download/subscribe to their newsletter.
e-mail this article • Administration •News •Newsletters •Presentations •User Groups and Special Interest Groups (SIG) •White Papers • (1) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Tuesday, July 27, 2004
Oracle OpenWorld in Shanghai, China - presentations and white papers now available
This post takes a look at the key areas covered in the Oracle OpenWorld China conference and also reviews the presentations and white papers delivered for some of the Oracle E-Business Suite 11i Tracks. There were more than 150 sessions going on at the conference so there’s no shortage of reading material.
The Oracle OpenWorld China conference came to a close last week and the presentations and white papers are now available for download in PPT and Word format (nice for those who like to copy and paste). Most of the areas presented on were not really Apps related but for those that were, I will be preparing a review of some of the presentations during the week. The following is a list of the solution areas presented on as well as the number of presentations for each area: -
- Security and Identity Management - 4
- High Availability - 11
- Performance and Scalability - 31
- Management - 35
- Content Management and Collaboration - 8
- Business Intelligence - 21
- Portals and Wireless - 9
- Linux - 5
- Integration and Web Services - 9
- Application Development - 22
- Corporate Governance - 9
- Small and Mid-Size Business - 6
- Corporate Performance Management - 7
- On Demand - 4
e-mail this article • Administration •Presentations •White Papers •Conferences • (2) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink