Friday, September 10, 2004
Oracle Applications Auditing and Security Best Practices
This post points you to a site that has some really good presentations and white papers related to auditing and securing Oracle E-Business Suite and provides some related links.
Having been an Auditor/Accountant in a former life, I always try to make certain that when implementing an ERP system I take into account security issues and also ensure that the system can be audited by both internal and external parties. Oracle has many built in auditing and security features, but in my experience, people do not make appropriate use of them because they are not aware they exist or they do not have the time or budget to implement them. Personally, I believe awareness of the capabilities of Oracle E-Business Suite is the starting point towards ensuring system security and auditability. Hence, it’s always nice to come across some information which can give you new ideas as to what approach you should take when implementing such a system.
A really good site that I have come across which has some superb white papers and related information on Oracle Applications auditing and security is Integrigy. According to their site: -
Integrigy Corporation is a leader in application security for large enterprise, mission critical applications. Our application vulnerability assessment tool, AppSentry, assists companies in securing their largest and most important applications. Integrigy Consulting offers security assessment services for leading ERP and CRM applications.
Key Oracle Applications papers and presentations on auditing and security that you can download are as follows: -
- Securing 11i - What did you miss? (221KB) - Stephen Kost, Chief Technology Officer
- Securing Oracle Applications - What You Need to Know (78KB) - Stephen Kost, Chief Technology Officer
- Securing the Oracle Applications Infrastructure (152KB) - Stephen Kost, Chief Technology Officer
- Guide to Auditing in Oracle Applications (303KB)
The resources section of the site is also quite good since it not only includes white papers but also security alerts, advisories and notes, analysis and tools and scripts . There is also a quarterly newsletter published which keeps you up to date with Security Issues around Oracle Applications.
- Best Practices for Securing Oracle E-Business Suite – Metalink Note ID 189367.1
- Best Practices For Securing Oracle E-Business Suite 11i For Internet Access – Metalink Note ID 229335.1
- 11i: A Guide to Understanding and Implementing SSL for Oracle Applications – Metalink Note ID 123718.1
- Oracle Applications 11i System Administrator’s Guide
- Oracle Security Alerts – http://technet.oracle.com
e-mail this article • Administration •Auditing •Documentation •Security •Newsletters •Presentations •White Papers • (4) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Wednesday, August 18, 2004
Atlanta OAUG - August Meeting Agenda
This post contains details of the upcoming Atlanta Oracle Applications User Group (ATLOAUG) monthly meeting.The next meeting of the Atlanta OAUG is scheduled to take place on Friday the 20th of August 2004 and you can find the Agenda here. Highlights are as follows
- Vendor Spotlight - 9ci, Inc.
- Member Spotlight
- WC Bradley: Teaming for Success - How the WC Bradley Company combines Functional and Technical Teams for Implementation, Optimization, and Support
- Internal Controls Manager - Mike Hipps, Oracle
- Challenges of Point Release Upgrades - Jeffrey Walsh, CSC and Arul Murugan, enrich IT
- Kanban Replenishment for All Types of Industries (Manufacturing & Non-Manufacturing) - Tom Brown, Manufacturing Systems Services Inc.
Presentation abstracts and descriptions relating to the highlights can be found on the User Group site where you can also register to attend. Registration is FREE so if you are in the vicinity you should make the most of this opportunity.
You can download historical presentations and white papers delivered at Atlanta Oracle Applications User Group Meetings from 1997 -2004 here - there’s certainly plenty of good material to take a look at.
Other areas of interest on this site are the newsletters section where you can download/subscribe to their newsletter.
e-mail this article • Administration •News •Newsletters •Presentations •User Groups and Special Interest Groups (SIG) •White Papers • (1) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Oracle Applications Newsletters
This post contains details of the various Oracle Applications Newsletters that can be downloaded.
Assist - an Oracle Partner in Australia has a number of quarterly newsletters that can be downloaded here. Unfortunately these don’t seem to have been updated since 2002, however, the newsletters going back to 1999 still have some interesting and useful information.
If any readers know of any other good newsletters that have an Applications or Functional focus please send me a mail or add a comment to this post.