Friday, April 15, 2005
Oracle Logos and Usage Guidelines
This post points you to where you can find Oracle Logos and Usage Guidelines.
- Powered by Oracle Logo - For use by customers using Oracle software to run their web internal business operations
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Logo - For use by Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) members
- Oracle Certified Professional Logo - For use by Oracle Certified Professionals
- Oracle Academic Initiative and Oracle Workforce Development Program Logos - For use by education partners
If you are an Oracle Partner or thinking of becoming one, you should read on how to “Leverage the Power of the Oracle Brand” as well as download the following partner logos on this page
e-mail this article • Administration •Logos & Brands •Partners •Pictures • (2) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Sunday, November 21, 2004
Oracle Partner Feature - Project Partners, the experts in Oracle Projects
This post discusses the site of an Oracle Partner who specialises in the implementation of Oracle Projects and has some good white papers on this topic that can be downloaded.
According to the Project Partners site: -
Project Partners, LLC is a company dedicated to helping our customers achieve a competitive advantage through Enterprise Project Management. Our experience goes beyond standard Oracle Financials, Project Costing and Project Billing.
We have in-depth knowledge in Project Manufacturing, Project Management Integration, Self-Service technology, and much more. We understand the needs of your project driven business.
A summary of white papers and presentations that you can download from their site are as follows: -
- Creating Custom Invoice Format Groups in PA 11i (611KB)
- OP3 White Paper - Rand Egger (503KB)
- Oracle Projects – Client Extensions - Randal B. Martin (110KB)
- Project Allocations - John Sasali, Zach Connors, John Pilkington (485KB)
- Summarization Demystified - Randy Martin (1.87MB)
- R11i Oracle Projects New Features - John Sasali (1.07MB)
- Close Encounters of the Third-Party Kind - Martha Anne McKillip, Principal Consultant (1.23MB)
- Spread ‘em! Using Project Allocations in Oracle Projects 11i - Zach Connors (1.62MB)
- Implementing Projects 11i in a Multinational Environment - A Case Study - Randy Martin (467KB)
- Tracking Capital Expenditures in Oracle Projects - (22KB)
- New Features in Release 11 - Randy Egger (92KB)
- Earned Value Management in the Oracle Financials Environment - J. Steven Joines, L. Bruce Gibby and Randy Egger (434KB)
- When Serious Project Management is a Critical Business Requirement… - P. A. “Trisha” Jansma, L. Bruce Gibby, Calvin R. Chambers, J. Steve Joines and Randy Egger (162KB)
Lastly, they also have a newsletter that you can subscribe to.
e-mail this article • Administration •Partners •White Papers •Modules •Projects • (0) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Tuesday, August 24, 2004
Oracle Partner Feature - IT Convergence
This post contains a review of the IT Convergence web site and highlights some useful downloads they have.
I recently came across the IT Convergence web site where they have some useful white papers to download. IT Convergence is an Oracle Partner and according to their site: -
IT Convergence is an e-Business consulting firm. We provide an entire range of services from initial business analysis and project planning, to full suite implementation and staff augmentation. We offer complete solutions for the implementation, upgrade, or customization of Enterprise Resource Planning systems. To help you manage the entire applications lifecycle, IT Convergence offers customized training for every skill level—given on-site, in a classroom, or remotely via the Internet. Our remote support services can assist your company with all types of technical and functional needs.
We put intensive effort in selecting only the best consultants to deliver superior services. We support the development of their skills through training and special courses, enabling consistent performance on the job. Our people bring years of experience working for top companies in numerous industries, including Finance, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Higher Education, Government, Telecommunications, and Semiconductor.
The company has it’s headquarters in California and has offices in the following locations worldwide: -
- Madison, USA
- New York, USA
- Chicago, USA
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- London, UK
- Shanghai, China
Highlights of Oracle white papers you can download from this site are as follows: -
- Accounts Payable Reports for: -
- Accountings & Postings (497KB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Income Tax Forms (741KB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Invoices (1.62MB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Invoice Taxes (234KB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Key Indicators (841KB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Suppliers (435KB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Internet Time Overview (1.20MB) - Ruthe Grigsby, Oracle Functional Financials Consultant
- Going beyond Oracle HRMS (555KB) - Gil Aguirre, Oracle Consultant
- Achieving Business Improvement with Oracle Applications (246KB) - Thomas Owens, Practice Manager
- Complying with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (45KB)
- Key Success Factors When Managing an Oracle Applications Implementation (235KB) - Diego Antozzi
- Challenges of Implementing Human Resources in Latin America (159KB) - Cesar Ortiz (Spanish version also available)
- Challenges of Implementing Financials in Latin America (93KB) - Ignacio Diez Martinez O’Cadiz (Spanish version also available)
- Oracle Collaboration Suite: Analysis and Recommendations (109KB) - Jesse Grittner
- Embarking on a Configure to Order Journey (183KB) - Oscar Villalvazo, Senior Principal Consultant
- Business Process Outsourcing: Risks and Rewards (108KB) - Jesse Grittner
- Handling Requisitions without Order Management (94KB) - Nagesh Kelkar, Principal Consultant
- Implementing Oracle Applications in Brazil (197KB) - Jussara Oliveira (Portuguese version also available)
- Choosing a Hosting Provider: Suggestions and Solutions (150KB) - Jesse Grittner
- Considerations for Oracle Implementations in China (103KB) - Peter Lai
You can also download a presentation they delivered at an Outsourcing SIG meeting held at Appsworld in January 2004 entitled Choosing a Hosting Provider - Suggestions and Solutions (269KB) by Oscar Villalvazo, ISS Practice Manager.
e-mail this article • Administration •Partners •Presentations •White Papers • (0) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Thursday, August 19, 2004
Find an Oracle Partner using the PartnerNetwork’s Solutions Catalog
This post outlines how you can find and contact an Oracle Partner using the Oracle PartnerNetwork’s Solutions Catalog.
If you are looking for an Oracle Job or you are a prospective implementor of any Oracle Software, the Oracle PartnerNetwork’s Solutions Catalogue will provide you with easy access to information relating to Oracle Partners as well as their contact details. According to this site,
The Oracle PartnerNetwork’s Solutions Catalog is your gateway to Oracle Partner products and services worldwide. You will find that many of the world’s premier hardware, software, system integration, and services vendors are Oracle Partners.
There are 3 ways you can perform a search using this site. Firstly, you can perform a simple search which will return a maximum of 200 results. Secondly you can perform an advanced which will allow you to find Partner solutions by: -
- Partner Name
- Solution Name
- Membership Levels
- Certified Advantage Partner
- Certified Partner
- Member Partner
- Partner Categories
- Content Provider
- Education Provider
- Hardware and Infrastructure Vendor
- Independent Software Vendor (ISV)
- System Integrator
- Value Added Distributor (VAD)
- Value Added Reseller (VAR)
- Solution Availability (by country or region)
- Oracle Products
- Database Versions
- Operating Systems
Lastly, you can Browse the solutions Catalog by the following categories: -
- Applications - Business
- Applications - Industry Specific
- Services - Consulting, Development and Integration
- Tools - Application and Web Development
- Tools - Infrastructure and Systems Management
If you are an Oracle Partner and have your login information handy, you can also update your profile from this site so that anyone trying to find you will be given relevant and up to date information about you or your organisation.
e-mail this article • Administration •Jobs •Partners • (1) Comments • Bookmark this to del.icio.us • Permalink
Oracle Partner Feature - Red Rock Consulting Group
This post contains a review of the Red Rock Consulting Group web site and highlights some useful downloads they have.
Recently I came across the Red Rock Consulting Group web site. Red Rock is an Oracle Certified Advantage Partner and according to their site: -
Red Rock Consulting is an innovative, dynamic and energetic consultancy formed to support clients who have chosen Oracle business solutions. Red Rock is the largest independent Oracle consulting firm in Australia and New Zealand, with a highly skilled and experienced pool of Oracle consultants across the Asia-Pacific region including offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Auckland.
They have some really good white papers, articles and presentations which have been delivered at numerous Oracle Conferences and User Groups or featured in reputable Oracle Publications and Magazines. In particular, there’s quite a bit of information available on upgrades. Highlights are as follows: -
- Tracking your assets
- Help yourself with Oracle Service
- Reporting in 11i
- Hunt Down and Harness those Upgrade Project Risks
- Multiple Organisations in Oracle Applications
- What is a Portal?
- The art of supporting Oracle Applications
- Practical Applications of Folder Tools and Report eXchange
- How iProcurement Stands Out From Oracle Purchasing
- From Simple Spreadsheets to Project Costing 11i, Vodafone Wins
- Two Roads to 11i - Upgrade Versus Re-implementation
- Archiving and Purging (You know you need to)
- Customer Spotlight – Australian Hearing
- Mass Maintenance
- Ten Quick Tips for your Upgrade
- Investment Value Assessment (IVA)
As an when I get the chance to take a detailed look at each of these articles, white papers and presentations I will prepare a write up for this site. In the mean time, happy downloading and reading. You should also consider subscribing to the Red Rock Newsletter entitled HotRocks.
If you are reading this post and you know of any really good partner sites where you can get useful information and downloads, then please add your comments.